Tuesday, November 29, 2011

December Fun:)

Well, the final count down of classes has finally began. My classes are officially over in a week and two days with only two finals after that! I am so excited... Then the real adventures begin. Here's a little itinerary for my last half of December:

I leave for Kiruna, Sweden on the 16th for the weekend....

This was on my top things to do before I went home. I get to go dog sledding, assuming they get some more snow (fingers crossed,) camp out in the middle of nowhere, see some reindeer, and if all goes accordingly see the aurora borealis, Northern Lights!!!

Then I'll be home for a few days to say some goodbyes (sad, it's almost over) to all of my house because they will not be returning before I leave... then off to Vienna, Austria I go:)
I saw these pictures of their Christmas Markets and I knew I had to go here...
A town full of Christmas lights, Candy, Decorations, and little stores throughout... Sounds like a wonderful alternative to being at home.... And they almost always have a White Christmas, not nearly as white as ours at home, but seeing as Sweden has no snow at all... I will take it!
I have already begun my daily viewing of Irving Berlin's White Christmas, literally the day after Thanksgiving:) Best Christmas movie ever!

I'll return from there on Christmas Eve to celebrate with the remaining Exchange students in Sweden... Surprisingly I think there might be a good handful of us left! We are all planning on having dinner at my house due to the fact that I am the last person here with a big kitchen and dining area!

Then my last trip of the semester (wow!) to Tallinn, Estonia and Riga, Latvia for a New Years Cruise with two of my friends here!

(We start in Stockholm, then go to Tallinn, Estonia for a few days, and then off to Riga, Latvia)

Sooo excited for this. Everyone has had amazing stories about their trips to both places through out the semester and I was always bummed that I missed out! But now I get my chance:)
And then one day later...


I'll post some pictures on the way!!! See you all in about a Month!

<3 Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment